9.04.2008

Megan's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Megan made it off to her first day of kindergarten with a big smile on her face. Unfortunately, my computer is not being cooperative with me right now and I can't get my pictures loaded. So, I will fill you in on the morning and as soon as I get the pics on the computer, I will make another post.

I went upstairs to wake her up, just to find that she was awake and waiting for me to come and get her. She was very excited and jumped right out of bed. She got ready without much arguing. She had her backpack on and was waiting by 6:35 and the bus doesn't come until almost 7:00. So, we told her to come sit down and relax while we waited. Madi was up for the whole thing, but Mia slept the whole time and missed the send off.

We made it outside, had time to take a couple of pictures waiting for the bus and then it came around the corner. Her bus driver is very nice and greeted her by name. That is always nice to hear. She was beaming the whole time. I was a little choked up, but made it through the whole thing with no tears falling from my eyes. I couldn't let her see me cry and then her get all upset.

Madi and Mia didn't really seem to notice she was gone all day, but I am sure they will be happy to see her when she gets home. Unfortunately, I was mistaken on thinking she would be one of the first ones off since she was one of the first ones on, and we won't see her until 4:00. We are going to let her ride both ways for the first couple of days and see how it goes. It makes for a long day when you are up at 6:30 and don't get home until 4:00. Some days she will not be able to ride home due to swim lessons and dance starting before she gets off the bus.

She was hoping to start soccer this fall, but due to some scheduling conflicts, the person that was going to take on her age for coaching couldn't, so now we are falling back on dance. She will enjoy it. Madi will also be starting dance, but they will be in different classes. The will be in the same swim lesson class. Megan will hopefully move up to the next level for spring, but Madi will be at the same level for the year.

I hope all of you that had kids starting school had fun memorable experiences with their first day off on their own. I know we did. As hard as it is for us to watch them grow up and become independant, it is worth it to see the smile on their face knowing they are doing something 'big' all on their own!

No comments: