11.16.2008

Just an update.....

Hello to all! Hope all is well with you all and you are getting into the Christmas spirit. Last year was an off year for me, but I am definately feeling it this year. It is also the time of year to reflect back and think about all we are thankful in life. We have much to be thankful for in our home. We are very blessed and know it.

This morning, I went to get Mia out of bed and we came down and were cuddling on the loveseat. Megan and Madi were soon to join us and just out of the blue, Madi looked at me and said, "Mom, and I thankful for you and Dad, Megan and Mia. I am thankful for my family and thankful for God.". When my kids say stuff like that, it brings tears to my eyes. It makes me know that I have done something right raising them. I love that fact that they are comfortable to go up to anybody and tell them that they are special because God loves them!

Megan and Madi just finished up swim lessons. Boy did we come a long way from the first week! Megan is going under the water. Not very often, but she is doing it and that is all that matters to me. She is not a big fan of water in her face. If she is never one to swim under the water, I am okay with that. I just want her to be comfortable enough to swim in the water and know how to save herself. Madi has been going under for a couple of weeks now. They are both amazing me. I would love to get Mia in something, but it just didn't work this fall with football and all. Hopefully this spring we can get her into something. The teacher is amazing! They both really enjoyed it.

Megan is also still enjoying kindergarten. She is tired when the day comes to an end, but she has so much fun when she is there. Madi and Mia love music class. I think Mia would go everyday if she could. Madi is also loving preschool. She is a stubborn little girl and always says she doesn't want to go, but she is full of it and we know it.

Football has come to a close for the season. It was a tough season to close. Adam has made a great relationship with a lot of the sophomores and is thankful that a hand full of them come up to the house every Thursday night for Bible study. It is such a joy to have them up here!

We had visitors this weekend. Abby and Parker came and stayed Saturday night. It was a great time and all the kids had a blast together. We stayed up way too late playing dominos, but it was a good time!

Take care everybody and God Bless!!

No comments: